Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Girls Day and Pearl City Foodland Rocks!

Today is Girl's Day! YAAAY! For those who are wondering what that would mean - its hina-matsuri known as Japanese celebration for girls day! I may not be Japanese, but growing up in Hawaii we celebrated it. When we were younger the boys in class would put our chairs up and girls stood in line first for everything... it was nice!!

So in honor of this wonderful occassion celebrating girls, we invited our friends to have dinner at our home. My first guests (besides family) - so I'm pretty excited. The theme of course is Japanese.

For dinner we have a menu of shrimp and veggie tempura, stuffed tonkatsu, spicy tuna sushi, bacon asparagus (yes, they serve that in Japan), and honey toast with ice cream for dessert (just like Shokudo...or we hope)!

Let me tell you why Foodland in Pearl City rocks. I wanted to make this honey toast dessert. Pretty bad. But. Looking for a loaf of uncut bread is tough! We looked and called a couple of places and no luck. It was coming to a fail... but my friend (who also rocks) asked a gentleman who worked in Foodland if he could suggest somewhere. A few minutes later he found us in an aisle and offered for their bakery to bake us one. Really!?! That would be amazing! The lady in the bakery was soo helpful and extremely friendly. We don't mind waiting 20 minutes at all for what we want!!
We ordered two and they didn't mind at all! She even told us next time that we can call it in no problem!

We are soo pleased with their services. Ill keep coming here. And. When I know I want fresh bread, I know where to go!

Thanks Foodland Pearl City - You Rock! Super excited for tonight!

HAPPY GIRLS DAY <3
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment