Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Neiman Marcus' Mariposa


Salmon Spaghettini
The Sunday before the Great Aloha Run we were running around in town and figured we would go to Pineapple Room for lunch.  Little did I know, they close in the middle of the day.  If this is not always true, they were on that day.  Maybe because it was a Sunday?
So we decided to try out Neiman Marcus' Mariposa.  We kept hearing about this place and a few of my friends have mentioned how much they really enjoy their food. 
With the hunger that had built up throughout the day, this would be a treat! 

Let me just say on a side note, I had called to see if they were open and would be able to accomodate the two of us.  It is now 2:30pm and the gentleman on the other line, told us they were currently closed, but that they would serve the afternoon menu after 3....So I wanted to clarify, (I'm sorry but I like to double check) and asked him if they were going to be open at 3.  He replies, "After 3."  What that really means?  I have no idea....  I thought it was the same thing.  Guess not!

By this time, I am starving and could eat anything.  We were greeted by a friendly server who was attentive and offered good service.  I say good, because as the meal went on and he picked up a few extra tables service became weak.  My first disappointment was that while waiting for our food to come out, about 25 minutes (we were the third table in the restaurant when we arrived and the first ones for the "afternoon menu"), I turned around and saw that the family who had ordered after us had gotten their food, and she was eating the same item I had ordered!  The second was that finally after getting our food, my Salmon Spaghettini and my Bf's French Dip was only okay!!  It was not worth the wait at all!!

After all that I did decide to order a dessert - what the heck!  It was the chocolate creme brulee with a caramel popcorn garnish.  It was interesting with the popcorn, but it was all tasty.  That I must say was the best part of the meal!

Would I go back....not anytime soon... And if you do go, don't order what we had!
I do have to ask though...I wonder if people actually enjoy the food at Mariposa, or is it just because it's in Neiman Marcus???

No comments:

Post a Comment